The Healthcare industry is vast and ever-growing with gaining importance and dependency to benchmark any country for their healthy wellbeing. You do not have to be a physician to have high-paying jobs in healthcare, but with the upcoming demand in project management careers in healthcare, you too can have a profitable and rewarding career.
Project management for health care is vital in incorporating various diverse and dispersed teams as the stakes are extremely high in this industry. Healthcare project management is more complex than any other field as the organizations are governed by standards and regulations.
Healthcare project management is exactly as the name implies, management, and administration of healthcare services. Healthcare teams are generally diverse from both personal and professional backgrounds. A healthcare project manager with PMP can be an astounding asset to an organization. He/she can take the project to another level with their expertise and finish it with remarkable results delivering benefits.
The uncertainties and complexities in the pharma industry hold plenty of challenges for the project manager. Project management in the pharma industry encompasses project planning, monitoring, budgeting, executing with managing the scope of the project which will be covered in the 10 knowledge areas given by PMI, USA. The Core Knowledge areas are:
- Project Integration Management: For effective co-ordination between various project elements
- Project Scope Management : To ensure only the required work is included
- Project Schedule Management : To manage the project duration and milestones
- Project Cost Management : To identify the resources and keep the budget under control
- Project Quality Management : To ensure that all the Quality requirements are met
- Project Human Resource Management : To develop and employ the project professional effectively and keep them motivated
- Project Communication Management : To manage internal and external communications with efficiency
- Project Risk Management : To identify, analyse, and mitigate the potential risk
- Project Procurement Management : To obtain resources and manage contracts
- Project Stakeholder Management : To identify individual, people, groups and organizations that would impact or are impacted by the project