Educational institutions and associations around the world are striving to accommodate the rapidly changing society and meet the demands to provide deeper knowledge, new skills, and a high level of proficiency. Project Management for educational institutes aims to bridge the gap between project management and education organizations to empower and successfully manage the projects.
Educational institutes engage in planning and integration from infrastructure, assessment of academics, retention supervision, finance, and budget forecasting to continuously improving the quality of the institution, which can be accomplished in a better manner with the help of project management.
In project management for educational institutes, there should be a continual communication between the professors, teachers, students, departments, and geographically diffused campuses. Project management for educational institutions is planning the curriculum, working on a new campus building, or establishing a department.
PMP training will help the educational project managers in task management, scheduling, financial control, time tracking, etc along with soft skills like communication, leadership, motivation to manage distinct teams. The Core Knowledge areas are:
- Project Integration Management: For effective co-ordination between various project elements
- Project Scope Management : To ensure only the required work is included
- Project Schedule Management : To manage the project duration and milestones
- Project Cost Management : To identify the resources and keep the budget under control
- Project Quality Management : To ensure that all the Quality requirements are met
- Project Human Resource Management : To develop and employ the project professional effectively and keep them motivated
- Project Communication Management : To manage internal and external communications with efficiency
- Project Risk Management : To identify, analyse, and mitigate the potential risk
- Project Procurement Management : To obtain resources and manage contracts
- Project Stakeholder Management : To identify individual, people, groups and organizations that would impact or are impacted by the project