The oil and gas industry is characterized by multi-million-dollar investment, future-oriented, and projects that generate a lot of revenues, which require specialized project management skillset. Development of any country depends on how they use their energy reserve and oil and gas is one such industry.
The most crucial part of oil and gas projects is managing the complexity of the major capital. The major job of an oil and gas project manager is to manage the cross-functional teams, tight budget, and schedule, ensure the safety regulations are in place, reduce exposure to the risk and maintain transparency with the stakeholders.
Oil and gas projects require onshore and offshore exploration, drilling, and increasing the facilities to do so. These projects need the kind of management that can be learned through PMP training. Projects in the oil and gas industry are large and make up for most of the percentage that an organization spends, thus it requires project management learning and development to deal with such complex projects.
With PMP training you will gain vision on how to manage onshore and offshore projects in oil and gas industry along with a developed ability to solve problems during the running of the project and an up to date knowledge in project management. The Core Knowledge areas are:
- Project Integration Management: For effective co-ordination between various project elements
- Project Scope Management : To ensure only the required work is included
- Project Schedule Management : To manage the project duration and milestones
- Project Cost Management : To identify the resources and keep the budget under control
- Project Quality Management : To ensure that all the Quality requirements are met
- Project Human Resource Management : To develop and employ the project professional effectively and keep them motivated
- Project Communication Management : To manage internal and external communications with efficiency
- Project Risk Management : To identify, analyse, and mitigate the potential risk
- Project Procurement Management : To obtain resources and manage contracts
- Project Stakeholder Management : To identify individual, people, groups and organizations that would impact or are impacted by the project