The below blog will also throw insights on Who, why, and when to take up PMP Training and Certification.
The PMP is a professional certification and the MBA is a degree course. People looking to boost their Managerial skills who don’t prefer taking up an MBA, can take up PMP Training.
PMP Training is required to enhance your skills to go to a higher level in your current job profile in the company you are working If you have your own business or company, it will guide you to handle your projects in a much better-organized approach with fewer hassles. It boosts better career opportunities globally as well. Peopling opting for PMP Training can enhance their skills for better career prospects and to execute their projects using the upgraded methodologies and strategies in a greater way.
Once you feel you have the criteria and the need to take up PMP training and PMP certification based on your current job status, you can start your training by collecting the required information to enroll for PMP training and Certification which is briefed below. Once you take the training, certification is a must if you want that complete PMP Trained and Certified stamp on to your resume and get greater recognition.
Coming to the Pre-requisites required as an individual to possess to take up PMP certification exam can vary. Firstly we should know the difference in the average salary a PMP certification holder and the non-credential holder can earn. For example, a PMP certification holder can on average earn $115,000 whereas non-credential holders can earn $92000. This difference is a direct motivation to why PMP certification is an important post the PMP Training. PMP Certification will also get you globally recognized.
Now to take up PMP certification you should know its pre-requisites. The usual criteria and requirement to take up PMP Certification are, the candidate must have the skills and education necessary to succeed in the project management field with work experience directly or indirectly related to heading projects. But the criteria can differ in different institutes. Below information is collated on how different institutes can have their own pre-requisites for PMP Certification based on the candidate’s education and work experience.
The prerequisites for the PMP Certification exam are as follows:
1. Bachelor's degree or global equivalent 3 years (36 months) of non-overlapping professional project management experience. 4,500 hours leading and directing projects. However, 4500 hours of these 3 years, which makes around 2 years, need to be spent on leading and directing projects 35 hours of formal project management education. You may not require the job title as Project Manager if you possess the above criteria.
2. If your degree is less than a four-year college degree (with a secondary degree i.e. high school diploma or associate degree), you still have the opportunity for PMP certification, but the requirements increase. The person without a college degree should possess 5 years of overall Project Management work experience, as well as 7,500 hours for the leading and directing of projects plus 35 hours of project management education.
For this, you can create an experience hours log in a spreadsheet to document your current experience. Take Action to Fulfill the PMP Experience Hours Requirement. If you meet the requirements, start your PMP application!
3. You can also Read PMI's requirements for PMP experience hours (i.e. PMI's Handbook.) to get a broader idea on which institute has what criteria that makes it easier to take up PMP Training and PMP Certification.
For all the above a documented proof in the form of a certificate of completion is required at the time of applying for PMP Certification.
Details Required about Institutes:
Once you have all the criteria for PMP Certification, you can check on the required course details that may vary with each institute. Some of the details are mentioned below.
1. Education qualification/experience requirement
2. The duration for you to pass the exam to get PMP Certified &
3. Fees each institute Charges.
5. Couse material contents quality & standards of training of training
6. Mode of training – PMP Online Training / PMP Virtual class and PMP Offline Training
For further details please feel free to connect to us at Monks Learning Lab - https://www.monkslearninglab.com/