Project manager plays a key role in project management from start to closure of the project. The main motive of project management is to deliver a quality product or provide service with respect to deadlines and resources within the budget set for the project. Project management phases are the key factors managed by the project manager with respective team for project development process. Project management has different methodologies like agile, traditional, waterfall, adaptive, critical path, pert, RUP, critical chain, extreme, scrum, six sigma, crystal and joint application development. Best suitable model is recommended as per analysis of project by project manager taking lead of project.
Project management is basically the proper application and integration of various processes which means executing these processes using best standard practices. Which you can avail in our Online PMP training programs.
1. Ability to research - Manager must have good skills for research. Details of requirements are shared, explained, and discussed. Competitive products are compared with the estimated product. The feasibility of the project is checked with respect to the requirements. Various business cases are studied from past experiences. Expert advice is taken before starting with the actual project. All the data required for the initialization of the project before planning is collected in this phase.
2. Good in resource allocation - Manager must assign task looking ability of resource. Experience of the manager and knowing the team members with respect to their potential helps the manager to assign the best role to team members with respect to the task.
3. Able to deliver in deadline - Manager must deliver project with respect to deadline. The activity chart is prepared by the manager which is strictly followed with respect to resources and time. Deadlines are followed as discussed in the planning phase.
4. Good Motivator - Manager along with good communication skills should motivate team to work. Project manager should help the team in all aspects like a good leader. Positive approach of a manager motivates team members to give their best for good results.
5. Must be PMP certified- PMP certification embeds all above skills developing a good project manager. PMP certification proves important for all types of industries and there are growing opportunities for PMP certified professionals.
6. Problem solving –
Following are steps implemented by project manager for problem solving-
a. Identification of Issue- It's important to identify exact problem to find a solution.
b. Taking everyone’s output- After identifying issue suggestions should be taken from all.
c. Note all options - All the solutions given by members should be noted as points.
d. Evaluate all options - Discussion of all points should be done with risk management.
e. Choose option - As last the best option should be choose as ultimate solution.
f. Document the agreement(s) - As a result the agreement should be finalized.
g. Agree on contingencies, monitoring, and evaluation - Changes should be made as per new requirements and evaluation should be done continuously.
7. Decision making –
Following are steps implemented by project manager for Decision making -
a. Identify problem- Exact problem should be identified.
b. Search Process- Research should be done on identified issue.
c. Evaluate alternatives- All solutions from search process should be evaluated.
d. Selection alternative- Best alternative should be selected.
e. Evaluation of Decision- After alternative is marked as solution evaluation should be done till its execution.
8. Change management –
Following are steps implemented by project manager for Change management -
a. Identification about improvement- Exact process should be identified requiring improvement.
b. Business case study- Business cases should be discussed with stakeholders.
c .Plan of execution- Thereafter, plan of execution should be made.
d. Resource and data utilization- Data should be analyze and resource allocation should be done properly.
e. Communication- Communication should be made with teams in system and stakeholders.
f. Monitor and Manage Resistance, Dependencies, and Budgeting Risks- All processes are required to be monitor and manage with budget risk
g. Status of execution- At last plan should be executed as task.
h. Evaluation after execution- After execution of plan evaluation should be done continuously till its success. For all above steps for change management PMP certification is essential for professionals.
9. Scheduling meetings - In order to schedule a meeting one has to get approval from the parties who all are present in the meeting. If approval is not taken and unscheduled meetings are conducted haphazardly then some parties won’t be able to attend it. If one attends it will surely affect their schedules and work. Proper mail chain or official chat group is required to request for a scheduled meeting. Management skills of project manager become very important for every professional activity.
10. Integration management- Project integration management aims to identity, define, unify, combine and co-ordinate various project activities to complete project delivering successful product or providing best service. Integration management is based on factors like scope, cost, quality, process, human resource, process improvement, procurement, communication. Project integration management is vital knowledge area of project management.
11. Cost estimation- Meetings are scheduled by the manager with the account team and stakeholders for Cost budgeting. The actual budget is compared with the estimated budget as planned by the manager. The estimated price is tried to be minimized compared to the actual budget set.
12. Risk management- During planning uncertain risks are also considered by the pharmaceutical project manager and planning is done accordingly. As one plan is not inform or does not guarantee successful project. Multiple business cases should be studied and kept as backup.
13. Communication- For project manager Good communication skills are required to understand customers and get more changes or requirements by trying to understand them. Good communication states perfect requirements tending to increase the quality of the project.
As a result, it concludes that project manager plays key role in overall process of project management. The project manager is not only a professional degree holder but also PMP certified manager. As management is the art of getting things done with respect to time and resources it can be learned and skills can be developed through management courses. So Monks Learning Lab is providing the best course of PMP training to develop professionals in all industries under the guidance of experts in those respective firms. Already Monks Learning Labs have given rise to many milestones in this career. It's a knocking opportunity for those who want to be professionals in the upcoming opportunities by industries.
Lastly, a successful project manager, never runs away from the responsibility and acts as a friend, philosopher, and guide for the team members. He/ she has to be a great motivator who also creates the second line of leaders in the team. A powerful project manager always leads from the front.